The Triwizard Tournament Readathon: The First Task

Hi Loves!

Today is the day! The Triwizard Tournament Readathon has begun!

The goal of the first task is to get past your dragon and get the Golden Egg. Inside lies a clue for the second task.

I've put below my TBR for my dragon and tasks that I'll be completing. I've had to adjust course slightly on what I'll be reading, because my husband (who is much more reasonable that I am) mentioned that I'm probably overloading myself and should really cut back on how many books I have. So I did. Originally there were four books, and I brought that down by half. I have a tendency to be overconfident, and hubs really brings me back to reality sometimes.




The Dragon:
House: Hogwarts
Dragon: Common Welsh Green

Common Welsh Green: It is thought that the Welsh Green may have started the Great Fire of London. Read a historical book.

Book: The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh


Harry Potter: "But there aren't wild dragons in Britain?"
Ron Weasley: "Of course there are. Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks. The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up, I can tell you. Our lot have to keep putting spells on Muggles who’ve spotted them, to make them forget."



Chinese Fireball: These dragons are rare for their ability to tolerate their own kind. Read a book with good community spirit.

"...a red one with an odd fringe of fine gold spikes around its face, which was shooting mushroom-shaped fire clouds into the air..."




Hungarian Horntail: Horntails are some of the most dangerous dragons. Read a book with a lot of action.

"Supposedly the most dangerous of all dragon breeds, the Hungarian Horntail has black scales and is lizard-like in appearance. "




Swedish Short-Snout: These dragons are sought after to use their skin to make shields and gloves. Re-read a favorite that make you feel protected.

"The Swedish Short-Snout is an attractive silvery-blue dragon whose skin is sought after for the manufacture of protective gloves and shields. The flame that issues from its nostrils is a brilliant blue and can reduce timber and bone to ash in a matter of seconds. The Short-Snout has fewer human killings to its name than most dragons, though as it prefers to live in wild and uninhabited mountainous areas, this is not much to its credit."




The Method (Choose one or more!):


Conjunctivitis Curse: Temporarily blind your dragon by reading a book with eyes on the cover

Bewitched Sleep: Send your dragon to sleep by reading a whole book in bed

Speed: Race past your dragon to reach the egg by reading a graphic novel

Distraction: Distract your dragon by transfiguring a rock into an animal; read a book with an animal on the cover

Book: Crown Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto


Good luck Champions!


Hosted by @chaptercharmer on Twitter.

Follow me at @nat_reads on twitter

Comments