December Reading Plans


How is it December already?! I feel like it was just yesterday that it was the start of the year!

December is looking like a pretty big reading month over here! I'm taking part in two readathons, was very generously given some ARCs from NetGalley that I'm hoping to get to and I'm going to Maui! Thankfully the arcs and one of my TBR books are on my Kobo, so I can take them with me on the trip. I do plan on bringing at least one physical book, because my mom is planning on reading it too while we're there.

So what's on the reading list? Honestly, what isn't! I managed to work it out that I had books that overlapped both readathons, so that cut down on how many I'm really committing to. The Triwizard Tournament Readathon is wrapping up with the Third Task from December 9 - 15, so I'll be reading Uzumaki vol.2 and The Hobbit to get the Cup and make it out of the maze. At the same time, the Reindeer Readathon is going on. It will take the entire month, so I'm able to space out my reading through December and not have to go full throttle for a week like in the past! Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I also have my own TBR set out too. That said, the books that I had put on it were there before the readathon plans, so there may have been some prompt planning to have them coincide!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas is the only book not included in the readathon that's on my TBR, but I am going to try and read some thrillers too. The Wife Between Us and Into The Drowning Deep have been on my radar for a while, so if I end up picking them up as an ebook that would be lovely. Because who doesn't enjoy reading psychological thrillers while trying to enjoy an island? I do plan on picking up The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison as well. It's a psychological horror/mystery as well. My mom loves them as much as I do, so she's going to borrow it for the trip. Is it weird that whenever I look at them I always wonder if my mom will like them too? I was watching The Shining at like 4yrs old, so it's a real mystery where the love of horror and thrillers comes from. I'm well adjusted, I swear!

For the Reindeer Readathon, I'll be reading the following:

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment graphic novel by James Patterson (I know I DNF'd this last month, but that was the novel, whereas this is the graphic novel.)



Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi



A Treason of Thorns by Laura E. Weymouth



The Hobbit by J.R. R. Tolkien



Uzumaki vol. 2 & vol. 3 by Junji Ito



House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig



Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin



Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto



I will have some reviews for a few books this month and in January, so keep your eyes out for those!

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy holiday season! (Yes, I say holiday season, because not everyone celebrates Christmas)

Comments